Sunday, January 29, 2012

Marchesa Internship


For an aspiring eveningwear designer, working at Marchesa has been a long time dream of mine. and I am lucky enough to have snagged a highly coveted Design Intern position at the label in my third and final semester at Parsons.

I have only just completed my first week at work and therefore have just begun the process of learning everything there is to learn at this internship. So far though, I am thrilled, and it meets my expectations in every possible way.

I have already seen Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, I LOVE the girl I work for and despite the long hours, the work is extremely hands on. I have already learned how to dye fabrics and have mirrored and sewn in embroidery patterns into a stunning shift dress which will be featured in the fashion show on Feb 15th at the Mercedes Benz NY Fashion Week!!

I will update this posting later in my internship, but for the time being, I am simply psyched to have been given this opportunity to learn couture and eveningwear design from the best in the industry - that too while taking Couture Techniques and Construction 3 at school

8 comments:

  1. Any tips on how to get an internship with Marchesa?
    Would they be open to taking someone without experience?
    Who could I contact?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a student enrolled in a fashion program as internships are reserved for fashion students only. Also, the internship, as mentioned in my later posts, is rather advanced. You are required to have good sewing and draping skills as well as knowledge of fabrics, trims and the NYC garment district. Therefore I am afraid that experience is quite necessary and valued. I applied for the internship through the Parsons internship board, I wouldnt know how else to get one. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you do a lot of draping or was it more hands on with textiles and embroideries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! china hat suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wrist watch is not as common as it once was, but for a short period of time every man had a wrist watch and every man's watch had a thick gold band or a leather one Click This Site

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat or large women, on the other hand, will be suitable wearing clothing line as tight jeans and casual blouse or t-shirt. Crockery, Perfumes, Jewellery, Mobile Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. bridal collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most important of the beauty and health tips is to quit smoking. It is mandatory to be a non smoker in order to improve the overall beauty and health of the individual. Обертывания тела

    ReplyDelete